So by now my boots have cracked over 100 days for the season and are looking a little less than new, and while I feel they have several more trips left before they visit the big 'boot rack in the sky' its time to replace them to again look the part, and to ensure safe wading on upcoming backcountry hikes. For me personally its a no-brainer - I'm a G3 kinda guy, but lets run a refresher on some of the options Manic have on offer for you...
The freestone is the every mans boot, durable, comfy and designed to take the workload the weekend angler will give them. If you're looking for a boot to throw on and hit the water the freestone will see you right.
• A new, more durable update to our best-selling wading boot
• A boot that features an engineered balance of value & wading performance
• Simm’s StreamTread™ platform for heavy-duty wading performance, support & traction
• Synthetic full-grain leather & scratch rubber upper for all-around durablilty
• Neoprene-lined collar for all-around hiking & wading comfort
MATERIAL TECH: Synthetic full-grain leather upper; StreamTread™ platform/3.0mm Vibram® Idrogrip rubber outsole
APPROX. PAIR WEIGHT (SIZE 10): 65.6 oz
SIZES: 5-16, whole sizes, EEE width
The Headwaters is the go to for those who go hard. If your style of fishing involves a marathon march into the upper reaches, rugged gorges and hardcore punishment, then the Headwaters boot is designed to hold up to what you throw at them.
• Scratch rubber & high denier nylon upper
• Partial neoprene lining for cushioning & easy on/off
• Dual-density EVA midsole for shock absorption
• Headwaters™ platform for maximum underfoot stability, control & slip-resistance
• ESS plates for improved cleat/stud retention & proprioception
• Vibram® Idrogrip rubber outsole improves grip on slippery terrain
APPROX. PAIR WEIGHT (SIZE 11):: 54.4 oz.
STOCK SIZES: 7-14, whole sizes, EEE width
The Guide's choice, and the essential boot if you require reliability and long term comfort, day after day, after day on the water.
• An update to Simms’ signature Guide Boot for a lighter, yet more durable balance of wet trail & all-day wading
• Simms NEW RiverTread™ platform for guide-ready wading performance, support & traction
• TPU molded heel clip for positive heel fit & hiking security
• Partially-lined with neoprene for wading warmth, cushioning & easy-on/easy-off
MATERIAL TECH: Waterproof nubuck leather & TPU-coated textile upper, RiverTread™platform/4.0mm Vibram® Idrogrip rubber outsole
APPROX. PAIR WEIGHT (size 10): 59.2 oz
SIZES: 07-14, whole sizes, EEE wide
This boot is the perfect easy on / easy off boot for those looking for a light, comfortable and quick fit option to wading boots. No laces, no fuss, just slip in your foot, twist the closure a few times and you're fishing. The Boa lacing system fits snug to your foot for a comfy hike.
• Durable BOA® lacing system provides easy one-handed adjustment with secure hold
• BOA's M3 lacing system features aircraft-grade stainless wire lace system
• Rubber toe cap for durable protection against rocks & debris
• Dual-density, compression molded EVA midsole with lower density heel core for extra cushioning
• Minimum exposed stitching for increased durability and less opportunity for "hitchhikers"
• TPU heel clip for added stability
• Synthetic construction
• StreamTread™ sole accepts HardBite™ Star Cleats, Alumibite™ Star Cleats, and Hardbite™ Studs.
• Offered in men's whole sizes: 7-14 EEE. Simms recommends choosing one size larger for men and one size smaller for women.
• Features CleanStream™ technology along with our StreamTread™ traction sole with Vibram® Idrogrip™ 360 traction lug sole.