Ross Animas Fly Fishing Reel
A fully-redesigned frame and spool are highlights of the new Animas. The spool shows off the cutting-edge manufacturing techniques Ross Reels has developed, delivering a design that is incredibly strong and visually stunning. The Animas also re-joins the family by incorporating an ultra-light canvas phenolic handle which gets tackier when wet. A new trouble-free spool release yields zero-maintenance performance, allowing the Animas to be ready for any fresh or saltwater excursion.
The frame is accented by a machined silhouette of the Colorado mountains in Ross Reels’ backyard. Its uniquely ported design and structural profile are eye-catching industry firsts. The two-tone drag knob sports an updated aesthetic with a lower profile and increased grip. An improved composite drag system delivers more power in an established Ross design used and loved by more than 80,000 fly anglers the world over.
- Fully Redesigned Frame & Spool Geometry
- Bell-Shaped, Ultra-Large Arbor
- Intricately Machined Details
- Reduced Weight & Increased Strength
- Machined Canvas Phenolic Handle
- Two-Tone Aluminum Accents
- Maintenance-Free Spool Release
- Improved Drag
- Composite-Disc Drag With Stainless Steel Interface
- Time-Proven Design